In the last round of bargaining (2019 – 2020), CUPE 3913 secured the creation of an Emergency Financial Assistance Fund (EFAF), to help Unit 1 members deal with unexpected expenses.
The criteria for disbursement for the fund are based on expenses not covered by OHIP or UHIP, and are as follows:
- Dental and Vision emergencies;
- Ambulance expenses;
- Cane, cast, crutches, splints, and wheelchair rentals;
- Hospital expenses.
- Utilities (hydro, gas, water, internet);
- Technology (tablet, laptop).
- Rent Relief
- Childcare (Dependents from birth to twelve (12) years)
- Home childcare emergency;
- Outside childcare cost relief;
- Childcare necessities (diapers, clothes, food, breast pump);
- Force Majeure
- Fire, water, and wind damage to residences and/or cars (this does not include rental cars or expenses covered by rental agreements);
- Any medical emergency expenses for children not covered by OHIP and UHIP.
- Emergency Transportation (This criterion is limited to in-town and in-province travel for emergencies)
- Car rental;
- Cab fare;
- Public transportation.
- Every Unit 1 member can claim up to and including a maximum of $500 per academic year. Members have coverage up to One (1) year after their last work assignment;
- Claims (with supporting documents) and a completed EFAF application form (www.cupe3913.on.ca/resources) must be sent to email@example.com;
- The message must include employee number (found on paystubs) and full and current mailing address.