In the last round of bargaining, CUPE 3913 secured the creation of an Emergency Financial Assistance Fund (EFAF), to help Unit 1 members deal with unexpected expenses.
We are pleased to announce that the Fund has been finalized, and that we will be ready to accept claims starting on Monday, January 4, 2021.
The criteria for disbursement for the fund are based on expenses not covered by OHIP or UHIP, and are as follows:
- Dental and Vision emergencies;
- Ambulance expenses;
- Cane, cast, crutches, splints, and wheelchair rentals;
- Hospital expenses.
- Utilities (hydro, gas, water, internet);
- Technology (tablet, laptop).
- Rent Relief
- Childcare (Dependents from birth to twelve (12) years)
- Home childcare emergency;
- Outside childcare cost relief;
- Childcare necessities (diapers, clothes, food, breast pump);
- Force Majeure
- Fire, water, and wind damage to residences and/or cars (this does not include rental cars or expenses covered by rental agreements);
- Any medical emergency expenses for children not covered by OHIP and UHIP.
- Emergency Transportation (This criterion is limited to in-town and in-province travel for emergencies)
- Car rental;
- Cab fare;
- Public transportation.
- The EFAF is only available for members who have held a work assignment in W20 and onwards;
- Only claims starting on May 1, 2020 will be accepted;
- Every Unit 1 member can claim up to and including a maximum of $500;
- Claims (with supporting documents) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The message must include employee number (found on paystubs) and full and current mailing address.