The following is a motion to revise honoraria for CUPE 3913 positions. These changes reflect the desire of the Executive Committee to re-distribute Union funds so that they are used more effectively, including, but not limited to, engaging with members, organizing, and maintaining fluidity. The Executive Committee believes these changes will help vitalize areas of the Union that need more capacity, and that such changes will improve the functioning of CUPE 3913 both in the long-term and short-term. All changes would come into effect as of May 1, 2023.
In summary, the following changes are proposed:
- Reduce the President’s assigned hours from 35 to 20 hours per week;
- Harmonize assigned hours of Executive Officers and Unit 1, Unit 2 Stewards. Officers and Unit Stewards would be expected to work four (4) hours per week, and the VPs would work five (5) hours per week;
- Reduce honoraria for College Stewards to $200 per semester;
- Reduce honoraria for Department Stewards to $100 per semester;
- Eliminate salaries of caucus chair positions as of May 1, 2023;
- Eliminate Membership Representative positions as of May 1, 2023.
The agenda of the Spring Membership Meeting (Thursday March 23 at 7pm) will include time for a detailed presentation on the motion, as well as discussion and questions. If you wish to send questions in advance, please contact the president (email@example.com).
A vote to approve the motion will take place from Friday, March 24 to March 31 via the Simply Voting website.
To vote on this motion, you must be a Member in Good Standing (MGS). If you are not yet an MGS and wish to vote, please sign up via your phone (QR code below) or send a completed and signed MGS form (found here under ‘Forms’) on or before Thursday, March 23 @ 6:00 PM (EST) to Vice President Internal Chris Hempel at firstname.lastname@example.org